This day last year, I was doing the same thing I am doing right now. Enjoying my Christmas Day at Nee Nee and Pee Pee's house. Spending time with my family and remembering what a special day this is, the birthday of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Yet, last year, I was expecting my baby boy to come into the world, literally any minute. I had some minor contractions all day, yet it was nothing to send me running to the hospital. So, at 7:30 that evening, we loaded up our car with all our presents and went home. I was a little disappointed, hoping he would already be here by now. So at 10:00, I went to bed. To my surprise, I awoke suddenly with a painful, intense contraction at 12:22 the next morning. The first thought in my head was..."This little stinker didn't want to share his birthday with Christmas, he wanted another day for more presents!" A little prophetic glimpse into Cade's personality for sure!
So at 1:30 we were on our way to the hospital. My water broke at 3:45, and at 4:41 in the morning, Cade Tennyson Mihalek was welcomed into the world. A very, fast and intense labor but so sweet to finally have my little bundle to hold.
Tomorrow he turns a year old, and I just can't believe it. But so thankful, he is in our lives. He is such a sweet, little boy and the life of the party for sure. We love you, Cade and wish you a very Happy Birthday.

No comments:
Post a Comment